$75 | This 4-hour online short course walks through the construction of a typical light wood framed house from foundation to roof cladding. Key building services are discussed as well: plumbing, electrical and thermal insulation.
This short course covers residential construction materials and methods common in New Zealand and other western markets such as Australia, Canada, UK and US. This short course is organised around three multi-part lectures on light wood framing, exterior finishes and residential building services. WHO CAN BENEFIT? Anyone who deals with construction and buildings but does not have an architecture, building surveying or engineering qualification. This could include property developers, building controls officers, real estate agents, facilities and property managers, commercial leasing agents and sales brokers, tradespeople, homeowners wanting to renovate or build, legal professionals advising clients on property issues. CONTENT FOCUS This short course is derived from a university course taught in New Zealand. Please refer to the below chart to appreciate how applicable the content is to different property markets.
- Residential Construction COURSE NOTES Unlimited
- L3.1 Light Wood Frame 00:20:00
- L3.2 Light Wood Frame 00:40:00
- L3.3 Light Wood Frame FREE 00:15:00
- 4.1 Exterior Residential Finishes 00:20:00
- 4.2 Exterior Residential Finishes 00:20:00
- Reclad Project VR Field Trip Unlimited
- 5.1 Residential Building Services 00:25:00
- 5.2 Residential Building Services 00:15:00
- 5.3 Residential Building Services 00:30:00
- Residential Construction TEST 00:30:00