$75 | This 4-hour short course provides a primer on GIS followed by a tutorial on using QGIS, a popular open-source GIS application, to manipulate and present spatial information for property analyses.
This short course is organised around a 2-part lecture providing fundamentals on geographic information systems (GIS). This lecture is followed by a 7-part tutorial on applying QGIS to analyse property data: https://qgis.org/. The QGIS tutorials centre on a practical assignment in the university course from which this online short course was derived. WHO CAN BENEFIT? Anyone who deals with the development, investigation and management of residential, commercial or industrial property. This could include property and land developers, building owners, equity investors and commercial lenders, property investors, valuers, property consultants and analysts, real estate agents, property managers and leasing agents. CONTENT FOCUS This short course is derived from a university course taught in New Zealand. Please refer to the below chart to appreciate how applicable the content is to different property markets. Although this course uses New Zealand data, the same skills and principles can be applied to any GIS spatial and attribute data from any property market.
- Intro to GIS COURSE NOTES Unlimited
- Assignment Instructions Unlimited
- L5.2A Intro to GIS 00:30:00
- L5.2B Intro to GIS 00:25:00
- Select GIS datasets used in tutorial 00:00:00
- GIS Tutorial Part 1 00:20:00
- GIS Tutorial Part 2 00:35:00
- GIS Tutorial Part 3 FREE 00:20:00
- GIS Tutorial Part 4 00:25:00
- GIS Tutorial Part 5 00:15:00
- GIS Tutorial Part 6 00:30:00
- GIS Tutorial Part 7 00:30:00
- Introduction to GIS TEST 00:15:00